Monday, August 8, 2011

Bus drivers are overpaid?

I just found out today that the bus drivers in my city, there starting pay is 20.00 and hour (with health benefits). I'm thinking Jesus, Christ. First off, i'm in college, I work for min wage, as a cashier, I'm forced into speidng three dollars one way just to get to school (live 7 km, and it takes me an hour on the bus). Can someone please explain to me why the hell, BD make so much money compared to other professions. Daycare teachers at most make 15.00 dollars an hour, and at least to become a daycare teacher you have to attend college for two years, unlike bus drivers, where i believe the ojnly requirements are a high school diploma, and a special licence. i'm not trying to bash bus drivers, sure, there hard workers, but for the love of god, there not surgeons any mindless idiot could drive a bus. Could somone please explain to me why the person who makes your coffee every morning, or the person that delivers your pizza or the person that watches your children should make far less then a bus driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment